Hospital Telephone Number: 01793 60 40 20
College Tutor: Mr Tamer Abdel-Razik
Current Trainees Representative - Tom Sewell
Number of Posts (Training and Non-Training)
- 3 ST3-7
- 4 ST1-2
- 4 GP ST1-2
- Non Training Posts: 4 Specialty Doctors
- Dr Harini Narayan (High Risk Obstetrics and Maternal Medicine Lead)
- Mr Santosh Poozhikalayil (High Risk Obstetrics and Maternal Medicine)
- Mr David Griffiths (Pelvic Pain and Minimal Access Surgery)
- Miss Lalrin Lalrinawmi (Emergency Gynaecology (EGU/EPU) Lead and Minimal Access Surgery)
- Mr Kevin Jones (Fertility and Clinical Lead, Ambulatory Gynaecology)
- Dr Anita Sinha (Fetal Medicine Lead and Adolescent Gynaecology)
- Mr Tamer Abdelrazik (Lead for Medical Education and Urogynaecology)
- Miss Vian Aziz (Urogynaecology)
- Dr Nusrat Fazal (High Risk Obstetrics and Perinatal Medicine)
- Dr Charlotte Sullivan (High Risk Obstetrics, Risk Management and Labour Ward lead)
- Miss Fani Toneva (Oncology)
- Mr Jaydip Raut (Oncology)
- Miss Amy Keightley (Gynaecology Oncology and service lead)
- Miss Emma Torbe (Ambulatory Gynaecology Lead)
Description of Department and Training Opportunities
Great Western Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust is one of the biggest healthcare providers and employers in the south west, with around 2.5 million patient contacts a year.
We provide healthcare to the people of Swindon and the surrounding areas, offering the latest treatments and care in hospital, in the local community and in people's own homes.
We provide a range of specialist services from the Great Western Hospital in Swindon, located just off junction 15 of the M4. Training is given a high priority with readily accessible library and Postgraduate facilities. Swindon is set in the rural beauty of Wiltshire, with Bath, Bristol, Oxford and London all just one hour away by road or rail.
Our large and modern hospital has around 400 beds, numerous outpatient clinics, CT and MRI scanners, maternity services, an Intensive Care Unit and a 24/7 Emergency Department and Urgent Care Centre.
We also support people to stay well and out of hospital, to manage long term conditions and provide care in local community facilities and in people's own homes across Swindon
We have approximately 4600 deliveries per year, with both Consultant and Midwifery Led Care. There is a single Obstetric Ward with both antenatal and postnatal patients. An excellent ultrasound service is provided by the Department of Radiology, supplemented with specialist biophysical profile and Doppler services from the Obstetric Depratment. We have also close links with Oxford, Bristol and Southampton for further obstetric ultrasound procedures and for neonatal surgery.
Beech ward is an 18 bedded ward which cares for women:
- Undergoing gynecological surgery
- Undergoing breast surgery
- Experiencing problems in early pregnancy
It is also able to care for women under the care of other specialty teams.
There is an attached Early Pregnancy/Emergency Gynaecology Unit with ultrasound examination and counseling facilities plus pre-admissions clinics.
Day Case Surgery facilities for patients are provided within the Day Surgery Unit.
Tel: 01793 605749 Office open 9am-4pm Monday-Friday
01793 791998 Out of hours
The Great Western Hospital
Swindon SN3 6BN
Downsview House Reception Tel: 01793 791998 Fax: 01793 791602
Downsview House is located at the rear of the Great Western Hospital and is signposted from the main entrance
- It is owned and managed by Unite, a private partner to the Trust.
- There is a member of staff on duty 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
- There are 143 units including 10 x one bedroom flats and 3 x studio flats.
- All single rooms are in clusters of 4/5 with shared kitchen/living area.
- All rooms have en-suite facilities.
- Kitchens are fully equipped and there is a TV and Video recorder in each living area.
- Bed linen, towels, duvets and pillows are supplied, and there is a regular cleaning service and weekly linen change.
- Toiletries including toilet tissue are not supplied.
- There is a laundry room on the ground floor with coin-operated machines.
- Parking is secured by barrier and is £1.5 per night to residents.
- There is an up to date security system including 24 hour CCTV surveillance.
- An intercom system links all flats to the main entrance.
Single rooms £94.15 per week or £416.95 per calendar month
1 Bedroomed flats £ 584.35 (£18.85 per night) per calendar month
Bedsits £87.04 per week or £496 (16 per night) calendar month
Deposit £250 (or part of depending on length of stay)
No children or pets are allowed under any circumstances
* Charges are subject to an increase on 1st September each year